Obama will not be impeached unless a minority party which has alienated most of the electorate through its antediluvian ,tone deaf politics is suddenly transmogrified into a majority party. I could just as easily reference the serial debacles of the Bush administration or the missteps of Ronald Reagan.If you can get past the Morning in America trope ,consider his performance in Lebanon, the Gilbert and Sullivan invasion of Grenada,or the mishandling of the Noriega affair in Panama.While I am at it,I might also mention the fact that Reagan refused to tackle substantive issues while governor of California,delayed the advent of green energy,and through his much vaunted Reaganomics set in motion the forces that led to the Great Recession.Obama could have done better,of course, but acted on the information that was available,aware of the fact that the Mideast is a powder-keg and that precipitous action could result in disaster. The controversy about Bengazi is kept alive by market driven decisions at Fox News, Grand Guignol for true believers who fervently believe that the Republican Party still has some relevance.
Ironside, what a mishmash of conjecture, innuendo, speculation, and claptrap. I guess I could pull up Roget's Thesaurus and add additional adjectives for specious but why bother.
It's not cool to call a diplomat who died in service of his country a gun runner for terrorists.
No reason to point to facts or narratives here. It started to become obscured and over-politicized as soon as Romney called the attack on Benghazi an attack two hours before terrorists used chaos generated by a massive protest across the entire Muslim world as a cover for an attack.
All this conspiracy bs has resulted in Republicans in the US Senate blocking the nomination of former Republican Senator Chuck Hagel from becoming a defense secretary, something that has not happened in US history before. As soon as Hagel gets appointed, this Benghazi partisanship ends.
1. Do you know what Ambassador Stephens was doing in Benghazi on the anniversary of the 911 attacks on the U.S. , a place he said was a dangerous place, do to lack of security?
2. Do you know why Tyrone Moore died? We know from ABC News that he used his laser finder that night. Why did he die?
3. Do you know what the President was doing during the last eight hours of the attack?
4. Do you know why the Senate Intelligence Sub-committee has been denied the FBI interviews that where done on the survivors of the attack?
I don’t know the answers to these questions nor do the family members of those who died or the American People. Do you know the answers to these questions?
I do not care about the answers to these questions. The question I care about is , who did it? As a follow-up, where are they now? And the real important question, can we get at them?
But to answer your four questions:
1. Stephens was doing his job.
2. He got shot or blown up by a mortar round. And, really Ironside - you citing ABC News as a source!
3. Considering the time differential, probably sleeping.
4. No - other than the fact that Congress leaks like a sieve when it suits some politician's purpose and just perhaps there's some sensitive information regarding the attackers that needs to remain secret for a little longer.