"It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that if that is true, then allso a person could be born with sexual attraction to the same sex. It's fact."
I am not completely convinced that all homosexuality is an inborn trait; I actually believe most is a chosen, learned behavior and a very low percentage (less than 10%) is a natural occurrence.
Bottom line - I ain't buyin' your theory.
CAH, I agree that in some and or most cases it is a chosen behavior. Science may show that to be the case 90% of the time. But the remaining 10% how or would this be morally or ethically wrong "sin"? Wouldnt 10% be a staggering percentage in terms of evolution?
"MAY" be 10%. Maybe less.
Is 10% statistically significant? sometimes....
If 10% is considered more important than the 90%, is that a tyranny of the minority?
I am thinking of Aparthied South Africa - the world said it was morally wrong for that small minority to have such influence over a much larger population.
Yes, apples and oranges, but to me the question is how much influence should a small minority have before it becomes tyranny?
Tyranny would not be so substantial to evolution as in most cases. I feel you know this...
Are you saying that the tyranny would be, 90% of the minority useing the facts and misfortune of the 10% to justify action or entitlement?
Human sexuality is what it is. It is as simple as that. Why try to figure it out? Why try to point fingers?
As a society we will always have different opinions on this subject. This is a good thing. However, regardless of which way we swing we are all individuals. It is how we treat one another that is most important. If we remember to treat each person as an individual as opposed to a member of a much larger group, we will find happiness in our life.
Walkman, I like and understand what you are saying. But I am trying to figure things out I do wonder. I do not feel that it is at all that simple. You speak words that are great to comprehend greater still when put to action, mostly words of truth. When we try to figure out something some times wether by fault or perception fingers seem to be and are pointed. That what happens when people have differing opinions. Discussion is good heated or not its good. Simple or complex. One persons wonder is anothers well. I think we all need thicker skin. Anytime it seen we blogers get into a heated discussion it turns into whos pointing fingers and whos crying or confucius say...
22 - My use of 'tyranny' in this case reflects my dislike of the following situation - a clear minority (10%) can impose it's will on a clear majority (90%) through the use of social or legal pressure. BTW - homosexuality does not lend itself to evolution since there needs to be offspring to carry the trait forward. Evolution is natural process and homosexuals do not reproduce naturally.
Walkie - I agree with you 100%. Actions not words. I have no issues with gay PEOPLE, but I find GAY people somewhat intolerable.
That's just me. One person, a clear minority. And it would be unfair for ME to dictate behavior or rules to any other group, unless more than 50% of the population agreed with me.
"I am not completely convinced that all homosexuality is an inborn trait; I actually believe most is a chosen, learned behavior and a very low percentage (less than 10%) is a natural occurrence."
I lost you some where. My question was referring to this statement combined with your entire post.
Walkies post is excellent.
As for evolution asexual propagation is huge. past or future. Who ever thoughts fish would walk or that a single cell would divide...